This afternoon KFGO’s Bob Harris contacted me to get ten minutes of Dakota Death Trip Hallowe’en tales — listen to it here — in which I talked about:
- Madame Darrell, the mystic who operated out of offices throughout the West, including Deadwood and Brainerd, speaking to the spirit world and foretelling the future;
- The little schoolhouse plagued by haunted coal, spontaneous fires, and a dark spectre…but it turned out the true culprits were just as mischievous as evil spirits but far more natural.
- The teen plagued by a spirit that rattled pots and pans, threw things into trees, and whispered in the darkness, so powerful that the Lutheran church couldn’t exorcise it.
- My encounter with a Wisconsin Ghost Dog.
- A condemned man’s promise to haunt his enemies.
- My wife’s love of collecting.
0 Comments on “Happy Halloween”